The M13 Young Dads’ Project offers support to young dads on their journey through fatherhood
Everyone agree’s that dads are really important when it comes to raising children. We see time and time again that involving the dads and listening to them can have a huge, positive impact on the lives of their children, partner and even future partners. Research shows that the best future for a child is where parents work together with the child’s interest their first priority. Conferences and meetings with professionals rightly focus on what is best for the child, but what is also best for the child is for the child to have both parents engaged in the process, with the proviso, always, that this is safe for child and mother.
At the Young Dads Project we are able to offer a various types of support to young men aged 25 and under, who are fathers, expectant fathers or taking on the role of a father, including:
- emotional support around fathering
- practical support around issues such as employment, education, health, training, housing, relationships and anything else you believe is a barrier to you being the dad you want to be
- activities planned together with workers to help meet your emotional and well-being needs
- opportunities to enhance your parenting skills with particular emphasis on bonding and attachment to your baby.
- connecting you to other relevant services
- advocacy for young fathers in Manchester
We run weekly one-to-one sessions at various locations around Manchester at a time and place suitable for you.
We also provide advocacy and support in meetings with other professionals (case conferences).
Whilst the vast majority of our work are one-to-one sessions with workers, we also provide opportunities for young dads to meet other young dads.
For more info email email@example.com